- Ice Cream…everybody loves ice cream…Mammino’s multi award winning Gourmet Ice Cream located just outside Childers specialises in local macadamia nut ice cream. Visit them and they will also offer you a tour of their farm giving a valuable insight into macadamia and sugar cane growing.
- Snakes. Not everybody loves snakes but Childers has its very own snake and crocodile nature park– Snakes Down under. Daily shows with both reptiles will inform and entertain you and the family. We have packages available.
- Wineries…dependant on personal taste but Childers has 3 Wineries within a short drive all offering taste tests with the hope you will take some home in your boot. Brierley Wines, Stanton Estate Wines, and Hill of Promise Estate are all here to serve you.
- Avocadoes, Mangoes, Watermelons, Pumpkins and Tomatoes ..all plus more grown in the rich soils of Childers waiting for you to load your car up to take home. You may save enough to pay for your weekend.
- Golf…yes for those who love golf Childers has a beautiful 18 hole golf course just a short drive from town. Fees are very reasonable and the wildlife on and surrounding the course will entertain you.
- Birds…just a short 5 minute drive from Childers is the beautiful town of Apple Tree Creek home to Australia’s largest walk thru free flight Aviary housing some spectacular breeds of birds for your personal viewing. We have packages available to Apple Tree Creek (home to a great old pub as well)
- Childers Festival of Cultures on the Bruce Highway right out in front of our Motel is a huge annual event held the last weekend in July every year attracting over 10,000 visitors over 2 days a true multi cultural experience for all your senses.
- Childers Village Markets held on the 3rd Sunday of every month for your local bargains.
For a full list of over 90 weekly and annual events please visit our local tourist organization at www.bundabergregion.info we are proud members.
Dallarnil situated 32 klms west of Childers on the Biggenden road holds a great annual country event on the queens birthday weekend. The Dallarnil Queens Birthday Sports Carnival is a great family day out.
Phone 07-41271654 for further details.
Contact us anytime for more details!